Lighting Fixture Manufacturer Cuts Labor and Reduces Packaging Costs With ExpandOS™
The California based manufacturer of lighting fixtures was using foam in place as their internal packaging solution.
- Packing material per box fell from $1.58 per box to $1.34.
- Labor used in packout fell by 33%.
- Damage rates remained low.
- Shipping rates remained unchanged.
- All shipping material shipped by the manufacturer is now 100% recyclable!
Biggest US Retailer Tells Supplier Fix Damage or Lose Business - Recommends Using ExpandOS™
- Damage rates fell by over 90%.
- Labor spent in packout area fell by 25%.
- ExpandOS™ packaging was 20% less expensive than the previous solution.
To demonstrate the effectiveness of ExpandOS™, FoldedPak shipped a box to the Retailer with a brick, an egg and a light bulb protected by ExpandOS™. The box arrived with no damage. Remembering this example and understanding the benefits of ExpandOS™, the Retailer recommended ExpandOS™ to the Manufacturer as a solution to the damage issue.
To Resolve Damage and High Packaging Costs – Automotive Lighting Manufacturer Chooses ExpandOS™.
The Midwest based manufacturer of automotive lighting was using 2 ply wadded kraft paper as their internal packaging solution.
- Damage rates fell by over 80%.
- Labor consumed in packout area fell by 25%.
- Most hand packaging was eliminated.